'Overview' is a short film that explores this phenomenon through interviews with five astronauts who have experienced the Overview Effect. The film also features insights from commentators and thinkers on the wider implications and importance of this understanding for society, and our relationship to the environment.
On the 40th anniversary of the famous 'Blue Marble' photograph taken of Earth from space, Planetary Collective presents a short film documenting astronauts' life-changing stories of seeing the Earth from the outside -- a perspective-altering experience often described as the Overview Effect.
The Overview Effect, first described by author Frank White in 1987, is an experience that transforms astronauts' perspective of the planet and mankind's place upon it. Common features of the experience are a feeling of awe for the planet, a profound understanding of the interconnection of all life, and a renewed sense of responsibility for taking care of the environment
What Do We Really Know About The Moon?
- Who Built The Moon
- Did Man or ETs Create The Moon?
- New Research Puts Moons Origin in Doubt
- Did Armstrong & Aldrin Get Death Threats About UFOs on Moon
- Military Officer Says There Are Alien Facilities On The Moon
- What Do We Really Know About The Moon & Moon Structures
- What is NASA Not Telling Us About The Moon
- China Releases Photos Of Structures on Moon
- Astronomer Films Five UFOs Close To The Moon
- Spectacular Video Of UFO Fleet Departing Moon
- NASA Crashes 2 Probes Into The Moon
- Extremely Large UFO Moving Above Moons Surface - Video