Monday, November 7, 2011

UFO Sightings 2011, Kansas City Metro Area Sightings Continue

Former Marine say it wasn't like anything he has ever seen!

A former Marine who lives in Lee’s Summit said he’d heard all the stories about a team of stunt planes flying out of the municipal airport here being mistaken for UFOs during the past month. But what John Goslin saw on Oct. 31 – a night when seven KC Flight team planes soared in formation over Arrowhead Stadium – was not a group of small planes, he said. Nor was it like anything else Goslin had ever seen in the skies during his military career.

Margie Kay, assistant director for Missouri MUFON, a nonprofit organization that investigates UFO sightings, said the formation team that flew over Arrowhead Monday night indeed accounted for a few new reports that night. “But we still have seven area reports from the 31st that don’t fit the description of those planes,” said Kay, a resident of Independence.

And of the 75 UFO sightings reported in Missouri during the month of October, Kay said, 37 remain unidentified and unexplained.

“That’s a very high number,” Kay said, and so is the total number of Missouri sighting reports for the month, which included 26 in Lee’s Summit.

“Normally, we get five or six reports a month statewide,” Kay added. “But in October, Missouri had the most sightings of anywhere, according to a report from MUFON International. We even beat out California, which is very difficult to do because it’s such a large state. And of the 75 sightings, most were in this area, with Lee’s Summit, Raytown and Kansas City being the hot spots.”

Goslin didn’t report his sighting to MUFON. But he described the UFO he spotted to the Lee’s Summit Journal. While approaching U.S. 50 Highway on Interstate 470 on the evening of Oct. 31, he said, he looked up and saw a large, slow-moving craft outlined by strobe lights blinking “in a perfect pattern.”

The KC Flight team planes also were equipped with strobe lights. But according to Goslin, he spotted the UFO at about 7:30 p.m. – about 45 minutes after the KC Flight team left Lee’s Summit Municipal Airport and about 30 minutes before it returned.

“It was flying low, about 1,000 or 1,500 feet,” John said. “And it was moving only about 45 or 50 miles per hour. The only other thing I can think of that flies that slow would be a blimp.

“Whatever it was, it was big. I’m thinking this thing had to be at least 100-plus feet across. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open, and everybody driving around me just slowed down, so I know they saw it too.”

According to Kay, MUFON did receive a few reports Monday night of a large, solid craft with a dome on the top or bottom that ejected or received red balls of light. Goslin said he didn’t see any balls of light associated with the craft he spotted. But in early October, Kay said, several area residents reported seeing “orange balls of fire” ranging from three to 50 feet in diameter hovering over yards and roadways, then leaving in an easterly direction.

“Some people have speculated they’re probes from other ships,” she said at the time. “Maybe they’re other life forms. Maybe they’re something natural we just don’t understand.”

Since then, Kay added this week, the orbs have been described as red, bright white and a dull black, as well as orange, and some have been seen “inches off the ground and in close proximity to witnesses.” And instead of exiting in an easterly direction, she said, the glowing spheres are now being reported traveling “in all directions.”

Kay said her organization is not ruling out the possibility that the spherical UFOs are experimental aircraft. But thus far, she said, “nobody is claiming creating them.”

“The spheres are the most perplexing of the reports and occurred during the entire month of October,” according to a press release from Missouri MUFON this week. “Other unidentified objects include large craft with blue lights that are not typical aircraft lights, two craft that turned on their sides and took off at a high rate of speed, and large diamond and triangular shaped craft that hovered at tree level.

“Radar reports from Oct. 4 indicate that a target was stationary at 38,000 feet, nine miles north of the sightings for approximately 20 minutes. This remains unexplained. Other radar indicates positive targets in the sighting areas. MUFON is analyzing these reports.”

A number of UFO reports from the Lee’s Summit area on Oct. 4 have been linked to a practice flight of the KC Flight team, which left the local airport at 7:40 p.m. and returned at 8:20 p.m. that night, Kay said. But the large number of unexplained sightings has her and others asking, “Why are they happening in Missouri?”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to Educating Humanity

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner