What Reactions Can We Expect After Contact
We know that contact with alien species will happen but what can we expect some of our reactions to be and how should we think about it! Each one of us will experience some if not all of the following. To truly understand, we must confront and question many of the prevailing assumptions and emotions that we may experience. These include;
- hopeful expectation
- misinterpreting the evidence to affirm our beliefs
- wanting and expecting salvation from the 'visitors'
- believing that ET technology will save us
- feeling hopeless and submissive to what we assume is a superior force
- demanding government disclosure but not ET disclosure
- condemning human leaders and institutions while maintaining unquestioned acceptance of the “visitors”
- assuming that because they have not attacked or invaded us, they must be here for our good
- assuming that advanced technology equals advanced ethics and spirituality
- believing that this phenomenon is a mystery when in fact it is a comprehensible event
- believing that ETs in some way have claim to humanity and to this planet
- and believing that humanity is irredeemable and cannot make it on its own.
When Contact Happens, What to Expect, After Contact, Disclosure, ET Alien Life